specifying multiple write operations

James Martin
Hello,

I've noticed when I specify multiple write operation types, only the last one specified in the test manifest is used.  For example, below I'd expect the ratio to be split amount 256KB, 1MB, 2MB, and 3MB objects; however, when the test is run only 3MB objects are written.  Is this expected behavior?  Would you welcome a patch that would allow multiple write operations?

<work name="main" runtime="7200" workers="40" interval="5">
  <operation type="write"  ratio="25" config="cprefix=test-;containers=u(1,25);objects=u(1,100);sizes=c(256)KB"/>
  <operation type="write"  ratio="25" config="cprefix=test-;containers=u(26,50);objects=u(1,100);sizes=c(1)MB"/>
  <operation type="write"  ratio="25"  config="cprefix=test-;containers=u(51,75);objects=u(1,100);sizes=c(2)MB"/>
  <operation type="write"  ratio="25" config="cprefix=test-;containers=u(76,100);objects=u(1,100);sizes=c(3)MB"/>
</work>

Thanks,

James

Re: specifying multiple write operations

ywang19
Administrator
Hi James,

This is an known issue (see https://github.com/intel-cloud/cosbench/issues/20), and it's fixed in 0.3.3.0 branch. we are working on one 0.3.3.0 release, which is expected to be available in two weeks.

regards,
-Y.G.

Re: specifying multiple write operations

ywang19
Administrator
A pre-release v0.3.3.0 beta 2 is just created (https://github.com/intel-cloud/cosbench/releases/tag/0.3.3.0_b2), which includes the supporting for multiple same operations, feel free to taste.

-Y.G.

Re: specifying multiple write operations

gilmcgrath
Yaguang,  I need this as well for some of my very near term testing.  I will test ASAP and let you know.

Is this beta stable enough for me to use in place of 3.1.2 in my test environment?

Re: specifying multiple write operations

gilmcgrath
On initial testing of having a mix of 4 write operations and a delete operations in a single stage worked fine as far as I can tell - the percentages from the division was not exact - but very very close..... (maybe because I only ran it for 5 minutes)

Can you let me know when this release gets out of beta?

Re: specifying multiple write operations

ywang19
Administrator
Gil,

Thanks to help verify the feature, we really need end user's feedback to help us know the status and drive the tool mature.

This release also combined other features or bug fixes, now we are verifying it internally, will decide if we can release it at this Friday soon. I will post one message on this mailing list to inform the readiness.

-Y.G.