cosbench on ceph rgw is not summarising all results

cosbench on ceph rgw is not summarising all results

dmesser
Hi,

I am currently running a workload that spans incrementally 1 to 10 workers against 3 Rados-GW instances using swift endpoints. I have attached a workload where the problem frequently happens. The workloads executes successfully but starting at the workload with 4 workers in the write phase I get no performance data back. It's not N/A like described in a previous post but there is just no performance summary at all.
It's not in the overview and not in the resulting summary .csv file (like wXXX-3-controllers-1_10-clients-128K-write-read.csv) and not in the GUI. In the workload directory in the archive the data is definitely in the .csv files of the individual 'work' steps (like s39-8-nodes-read.csv) but not in the summary .csv (s39-8-nodes-read-worker.csv).
This makes it extremely tedious to get result summaries of a complex workload like this.
I am using 0.4.2.c3 on RHEL 7.2.

Regards,
Daniel

3-controllers-1_10-clients-128K-write-read.xml

RE: cosbench on ceph rgw is not summarising all results

ywang19
Administrator

Hi Daniel,

What’s the Ceph version? Could you pack the log files? They are log/system.log and archive/<workload_id>/workload.log, and also the workload xml file.

-yaguang

[...]

http://cosbench.1094679.n5.nabble.com/cosbench-on-ceph-rgw-is-not-summarising-all-results-tp462.html

To start a new topic under cosbench-user, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from COSBench, click here.
NAML

RE: cosbench on ceph rgw is not summarising all results

dmesser
Hi,

I am using ceph 0.94.5-9.el7cp. Find the requested log files except for the system log which got rotated already. I reviewed the system.log once for this and there was no error reported.

Log files are consolidated here (~30 MB) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipec7nqx8xbkoo4/w79-write-read-3-controllers-1-10-clients-512K-objects.tar.bz2?dl=0

I am testing the same workload with different block sizes, 4MB/1MB/512K/128K. Problems usually appear with 512K and 128K workloads where I am generating more objects upfront to have the same data set size as the other benchmarks in order to avoid everything to be in rgw cache.

Hope this helps,
Daniel