Will cosbench create a new S3 bucket?

erezz
Hi,

My AWS account already contains some buckets. When I run cosbench, will it create a new bucket and destroy it when the test ends? I want to make sure that buckets that already exist will not be affected.

Thanks,
Erez

Re: Will cosbench create a new S3 bucket?

mnabi95
Yes it will, the buckets are deleted in the 'dispose' stage and created in the 'init' stage. The bucket names, will be the 'cprefix' you set + the bucket number.

For example look at the workstage below:
<workstage name="init">
      <work type="init" workers="1" config="cprefix=s3testqwer;containers=r(1,20)" />
    </workstage>

This would create 20 buckets with the names
s3testqwer1, s3testqwer2 .... s3testqwer20

See the user guide if you are unsure of what I mean.
https://github.com/intel-cloud/cosbench/blob/master/COSBenchUserGuide.pdf

Re: Will cosbench create a new S3 bucket?

erezz
Thanks. Meanwhile, I tried cosbench against fake-s3 and minio but failed (see https://github.com/intel-cloud/cosbench/issues/288). I see many reports about this cosbench bug. Is cosbench broken for S3?

Erez